sabato 6 settembre 2014

Videogame Development course in Finland


I want to update the blog since long time and i think this experience I'm having in Finland can be a right reason.
luca deriu sataedu videogame development course
Recently I got in touch with SATAEDU vocational school, a series of faculties joined together in Satakunta region in western Finland. The request of the school is to prepare students to videogame development techniques, and for me is a real honor to be in charge in such a role, expecially in one of the best Countries for videogames (Remedy, Rovio, Supercell and so many others).
So that's it, I took a ticket at the end of July to come here for interview, I got confirmed and the 25th of August I started.
luca deriu sataedu videogame development course
The experience is not simple at all, many people consider my stay in Finland like a sort of holiday, but alarm rings very early in the morning and days are quite heavy and long.
Actually I'm doing lectures every day between 6 and 8 hours per day. Topics covers 3D, 2D, textures, UV mapping, shading, lighting, scene setup, Unity and development.
unity 3d realtime global illumination plugin
Students are various in terms of age and background, some are really cool in 3D, animation and gaming while others require a bigger effort from me to be supported in all the steps...but I'm doing my best. The goal is to produce something really cool that can help students to find a proper employment in this business and in the same time proof the quality of SATAEDU instruction.
unity 3d realtime global illumination plugin
During this period I'm also working on a 3D animation containing fire and imrpoving a new plugin I'm writing for Unity, capable to render Global Illumination light in realtime.
Actually the result is quite rought and aproximated but it works with an impressive framerate. I'm experiencing some problems in color absorption/reflection but I'm optimistic on the final version ;)
unity 3d realtime global illumination plugin


0 commenti: