venerdì 4 giugno 2010

Quick (and fake) Sub Surface Scattering

After a really long time I finally found a way to obtain a shader as it’s in my mind. It’s like a sound for a musician, it’s really clear in my mind but I was not able to find the correct way to represent it. I got this idea while I was rendering one of our project that you can see here.

PLAYSYS TURBINE PROJECTlucaderiublog.blogspot.com_turbine

The idea is to obtain a sort of Sub Surface Scattering effect, without using it’s computation.
In Mental Ray I found a really cool way to mix the parameters that gives me the possibility to forge it. There are some things I need to fix to improve the usability, and after these I will add the DirectX shader support (with Mental Mill). The cool idea is to redistribute it as a custom .mi .dll and .xmsl shader suite.

MY TRANSPARENT MATERIALlucaderiublog.blogspot.com_d3vSSS

STANDARD TRANSPARENT MATERIALlucaderiublog.blogspot.com_simple_transparence

I’m still working on it, this is a simple screen of how the shader network looks at the moment. I have to say that the new Slate Material Editor, introduced in Autodesk 3ds Max 2011, helps me a lot.

lucaderiublog.blogspot.com_D3vShaderV2

0 commenti: